Joke : Who was the first accountant?
1. Who was the first accountant? Adam. He got interested in figures, turned the first leaf, made the first entry, lost interest after withdrawal, buggered up the monthly accounts and raised the first liability.
2. Why accountants don't read novels? Because the only numbers in them are page numbers.
3. Why did God invent economists? So accountants could have someone to laugh at.
4. Why did he cross back? So he could charge the client for travel expenses.
5. Why did the auditor cross the road? Because he looked in the file and that's what they did last year.